Shiv Tattva




सत्यं शिवम् सुन्दरं


Truth is God and God is beautiful


Nirvana Shastakam was composed by Shri Adi Shankarain the 8th century B.C.

The meaning of the Nirvana Shastakam is as follows:


I am not the mind, not ego ,nor the reflection of the inner self. 
I am not the five senses. 
I am beyond that.
I am not ether, nor the earth, nor the fire, nor the wind.
I am indeed That eternal knowing bliss Shiva, love and consciousness.


Neither can I be termed as energy, nor breath, nor the seven material esssences , nor the five coverings.
Neither I am the five instrument  of elimination, procreation, motion, grasping or speaking.
I am indeed That eternal knowing bliss Shiva, love and consciousness.


I have no hatred or dislike, nor affiliation or liking , nor greed , nor delusion,
Nor pride or haughtiness, nor feeling of envy or jealousy.
I have no duty nor any money, nor any desire nor even liberation.
I am indeed That eternal bliss Shiva, love and consciousness.


I have neither virtue nor vice.
I do not commit sins or good deeds , nor I have happiness or sorrow,
Pain or pleasure.
I do not need mantras, holy places,scriptures, rituals or sacrifice.
I am none of the triad of the observer or one who experiences the process of observing or any object being observed or experienced.
I am indeed That eternal bliss Shiva, love and consciousness.


I do not have the fear of death. 
I have no seperation from my true self, no doubt about my existence, nor I have discrimination on the basis of birth. I have no father or mother, nor I have a birth.
I am not the relative, nor friend, nor the guru , nor the disciple.
I am indeed That eternal bliss Shiva, love and consciousness.


I am all pervasive.
I am without any attributes and without any form.
I have neither attachment to the world, nor to liberation.
I have no wishes for anything because I am everything, everywhere, everytime, 
Always in equilibrium.
I am indeed That eternal bliss Shiva,love and consciousness.


Life should be an embodiment of truth.
Life should be lived virtuously.
 Life should be lived beautifully.


Shiv is an embodiment of balance, awareness, creation and destruction. 
He is the one who controls the time.
Whatever exists in this universe one day mearges in him.
He is omnipresent.
He is also the saviour and the redeemer.
Shiv is above all the materialistic things and through his third eye knows about all that is going around in this universe.

Shiv teaches us that like how Ganga flows from his head , knowledge should flow from everyone.
Like how the crescent he adrorn, one should have a control over mind.
His blue throat teaches us, never to allow venomous words and thoughts to go below the throat. Even if you have spoken them , don’t let it go deep in your heart.
The serpent coiled around his neck teaches us to stay alert and be conscious always.
Shiv’s trident teaches us to have a control over our id, ego and superego.
His damru defines the infinite love.


By adopting these qualities, a realisation soon occurs that


अहम् ब्राहमस्मि  ऐवं तवं ब्रह्मस्मि 

That the Divine resides in me and also in you.

(Please note: the translation of the Nirvana Shastakam is taken from Geet Ganga).




https://youtu.be/hMBKmQEPNzI




Comments

Popular Posts