More to me

 It was announced on Momspresso that bloggers had the opportunity to write something to define themselves. How we are more than what we actually are. What’s there in us which adds to #moretome !

This really made me think about myself, something which I generally don’t do! And I am thankful to Momspresso to make me think so. I thought hard ... Who I am? What I am doing here? What all have I done? I brooded for quite some time. Thinking! Worrying! Searching! Introspecting! Wondering! Looking for an identity.

I sat down writing about myself and finished up writing a very deep picture of mine where I assumed myself to be an ocean current. I thought it defined me best in a transcendental form. However today again I find myself looking for myself.

Penetrating piercing thoughts came to me regarding myself. Am I someone who can be framed into words and given a title of being so and so ? What it would be? I had so many persona attached to my self.

I am a writer. I am a blogger. I am a mother. I am a sister. I am a daughter. I am a wife. I am a player. I am a cook. I am a mentor. I am a mentee. I am traveller. I am a photographer. Last but not the least, I am a human! That too an empathetic one. I may be sounding clichèd, but these are the thoughts which swirled in my mind!

At the same time, the other aspect of me which dawned upon me was that ‘I am nothing’, yet ‘I am everything.’ If not everything then at least ‘something.’

What excited me the most, was the realisation that I carry the Divine inside me, just like my fellow neighbours and people walking down the street.

Like the Divine in me, I am unique. I am irreplaceable. I am a survivor. I am a fighter.I am the creator. I am the light in the darkness. I am a hope.

I may not be carrying titles yet I know who I am. I may not be appreciated yet I continue doing what I feel is good for everyone. Just like a humble tree, which stands at one place supplying oxygen to the humanity to breathe without expecting any return, I keep spreading the ray of hope and happiness around. I am peace. I am one part of the cosmos!

Comments

Popular Posts